Monday, January 26, 2009

"No, Mr. President..."

I attend Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis when I get the chance. I'm not a Baptist, I've never been a Calvinist. In fact I worry some (and have blogged some) about incipient authoritarianism and other issues among the neo-Calvinists (Mark Driscoll, Sovereign Grace Ministries come to mind) with whom JP is sometimes associated. So I don't fit the category of "Piperite," or Reformed Resurgent or whatever.

But I do love John Piper's preaching, and this one he knocked out of the park. At least listen to/view the 3 minute section starting about 20% in—beginning "No, Mr. President..."

Any concern that in the wake of this historic presidential inauguration Mr. Piper may have become soft on the issue of abortion is here eloquently dispelled.
"He is trapped and blind in a culture of deceit..."
Watch it here.

1 comment:

a guy said...

"I'm not a Baptist,"

STRIKE ONE!

"I've never been a Calvinist."

-BIGGGERRRR-STRIKE TWO!!!-/BIGGGERRRR-

End facetiousness.

(- / - because the 'pacmans' --"<" and ">"-- get mistaken for html!)