Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Noisome Histrionics
It's high time I posted something on this blog. With all the business and fun of the Christmas season upon us, my head is spinning like a dreidel, and there's little time for poignant posting. It seems a little impolitic in this benevolent period to comment on the noisome histrionics emanating in ever more irritating tone from some corners of the presidential race. So until the new year comes (or some irresistible turpitude erupts in political news) I will try to exude all-round good cheer in this space.

Yesterday was the traditional family shopping day, and this year it was an absolute joy from beginning to end, owing in part to his grandmother's and my assignment to push the little grandson's stroller for part of the afternoon. I'll take that duty most any time. (If I can figure out how to post a picture from my cell-phone, I will.) All the kids joined us (even the grown-up ones) and we had a ball.

The day rounded out with Beth's Christmas piano recital (she did great) and cocoa at Starbucks.
___________________________

On a completely different note, favorite word of the week? Turpitude. Goes well with nugatory. Nugatory turpitude.

2 comments:

Wally Family said...

I like nugatory when it's covered in chocolate.

terryd said...

Thanks for commenting, Will! When you get some teeth, you'll like it even better. I'm about to post another great pix of you that your mother took...