Monday, March 05, 2007

More Smart Guys

The criteria for inclusion in my list of "smart guys" at right are quite uncomplicated.

A candidate must:
1. Agree with me on some important issue.
2. Say it better than I can.
3. On positions that I don't agree with, articulate his or her position (females can be smart guys) clearly.
4. Amuse or intrigue me.
5. Demonstrate the capability of maintaining proper agreement of subject and verb even in difficult cases like "criteria...are quite uncomplicated."

A candidate is disqualified if:
1. He or she embarrasses me by saying something really stupid more than once. Just like eighth grade Phys. Ed. softball, two strikes you're out. We just don't have time for any more, and everybody gets a chance to bat.
2. The word "journey" is anywhere used outside it's clear literal meaning. "My faith journey" would disqualify, for example.
3. I don't like them any more.

I have added a new smart guy, and this post on NAE and global warming meets all the qualifications. Check it out...

No comments: